1. Ownership of Site
This website www.teachmeaboutproperty.com.au, including all other sites relating to our business (including landing pages and various other domains and sub-domains) (each referred to as the “Site”) is owned and operated by Teach Me About Property Pty Ltd (ABN 82 616 550 264) (“TMAP”).
( a ) These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) which govern your use of the Site. In addition to these Terms, the following additional terms are also applicable:
- If you consent to the same, the TMAP Media Consent and Release [create hyperlink to Media Consent].
- Any other terms and conditions TMAP provides to you, or publishes within the Site from time to time.
(together referred to as the “Complete Agreement”).
( b ) You should always check these Terms every time you visit the Site as TMAP may make changes to it from time to time without letting you know.
( c ) Once you have accepted these Terms by clicking the “I have read, and agree to, the TMAP terms and conditions” (or other similar wording) or if the you otherwise commence accessing or using the Services, you waive any right you may have to assert that the fact that you indicating your acceptance of these Terms and the other relevant documents comprising the Complete Agreement electronically does not constitute actual acceptance.
You warrant that:
- your use of the Site creates legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using the Site and the services provided by TMAP;
- the information you supply via the Site, and during the sign-up process will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be misled or deceive; and
- if you are less than 18 years of age, then you have the consent of your parent or guardian to use the Site.
User account obligations
1. User details
- You must, and warrant that you have provided TMAP with, all current, complete and accurate subscription and registration information as required by TMAP from time to time.
- You authorise TMAP to verify all subscription and registration details as required for the your use of the Services.
2. Your obligations
You must do the following things as a condition of its use of the Services (in addition to anything else you are required to do under these Terms):
- Protect any user name, credentials, certificates, passwords or other account details used in connection with the Services.
- Tell TMAP immediately of any unauthorised access to the Services or your account.
- Not allow any other person or third party to access your account and use the Services.
You must not do any of the following things that are listed below at any time whether during or after the Subscription Period end:
- Copy any ideas, functions, features or graphics, or otherwise derived, from the Services for any purpose, including but not limited to development of a similar service.
- Duplicate the TMAP content or other materials or otherwise translate, adapt or create derivative works, in whole or in part.
- Tamper with or attempt to bypass functionality that operates to enforce these Terms, including the unauthorised use of the Services by anyone else.
- Use, post, transmit or introduce any software, routine or device that interferes or attempts to interfere with the operation, integrity or performance of the Site or the Services, or attempts to gain unauthorised access to the Services, TMAP’s systems or third party data.
- Use the Site or the Services to store or transmit infringing, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy or intellectual property rights.
- Claim any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by TMAP.
- Act in a manner that is abusive to an employee, contractor or other agent of TMAP.
You warrant to TMAP that you:
- have made your own enquiries in relation to the Services;
- have not relied on any representation made by TMAP, either verbally or in writing, when deciding whether to enter into these Terms or using the Services; and
- are authorised and have the legal power and capacity to enter into these Terms.
It is an essential term of these Terms that you indemnify TMAP against any claim, loss, liability, cost or expense, made against, or suffered by, TMAP in connection with your breach of these Terms.
1. Provision of Services
- The extent of the services provided by TMAP includes providing educational material and information in relation to property investments and developments and other related topics through the Site, in-person (at events organised by TMAP or by personal appointments) and through other media (including webinars) (together referred to as the “Services”).
- TMAP makes it absolutely clear that TMAP DO NOT provide professional taxation, financial, accounting, legal or other professional services as part of the Services. In that respect you must engage your own professional advisers in connection with anything referred to or contained within the Site.
- You use the Services at your sole risk and TMAP will not be liable for any claims, losses or complaints made or suffered by you as a result of your use of the Services.
2. Right of TMAP
TMAP reserves the absolute right to:
- not provide you with access to any part of its Services;
- refuse you entry into any event or webinar hosted or organised by TMAP as a result of your failure to comply with the reasonable directions of TMAP;
- cancel, postpone or reschedule any webinar or event for any reason.
You cannot make any claim (of any nature) against TMAP if it exercises any one or more the rights referred to in this clause 3.2.
3. Referrals by TMAP
TMAP may suggest or refer you to third party professionals to assist you. Please note that any relationship with that professional will be a separate relationship strictly between you and that professional and will be subject to the engagement terms of that professional. You cannot make any claim or complaint against TMAP on account of any issues or other matters concerning that professional.
4. Referrals by you
If you refer a person as a lead to TMAP in connection with the Services, you warrant that you have sought and obtained the consent of that person to TMAP getting in touch with them.
- Your subscription for the use of the Services continues for the subscription period you have signed-up for unless otherwise terminated earlier in accordance with these Terms (Subscription Period).
- If you have elected to pay a once-off Subscription Fee, then the Subscription Period will last until these Terms are either terminated by TMAP as a result of your failure to comply with these Terms, or if you elect to discontinue using the Services by notifying TMAP in writing.
- If you have elected to pay a monthly Subscription Fee, then the Subscription Period will continue on a monthly basis unless it is either terminated by TMAP as a result of your failure to comply with these Terms, in accordance with these Terms, or if you elect to discontinue using the Services by providing one months’ notice in writing to TMAP.
1. Subscription Fees
Before TMAP allows you to use the Services, you acknowledge and agree that TMAP notified you of the fees and charges you need to pay to commence and continue using the Services, and which may take the form of a once-off payment or payment via monthly instalments (Subscription Fees).
2. Billing information
You must promptly notify TMAP or update your billing information through the services provided by TMAP if there is a change your account/billing information.
3. Review of Subscription Fees
If you have elected to pay Subscription Fees via monthly instalments, unfortunately, it may be necessary for TMAP to review the Subscription Fees applicable to you and to increase them from time to time. If TMAP does increase the Subscription Fees for any reason it will provide you with at least one (1) months’ notice of the change in the fees.
4. Payment methods
You may make payment of the Subscription Fees through the Site (billing portal by going to billing.teachmeaboutproperty.com.au) or by contacting the TMPA billing team via email on by contacting our billing team email@example.com.
5. Refund policy
- Subject to paragraph (2), if, within 30 days of you initially signing up with TMAP, you decide that Services isn’t the right solution for you, TMAP will refund your payment in full, no questions asked (Initial Period). Where a refund is given, your subscription with TMAP will come to an end immediately.
- TMAP does not offer any form of refund with respect to TMAP Wealth Portal.
- Subject to paragraph (1) above, all Subscription Fees are non-refundable. TMAP does not provide refunds or credits for any partial use or non-use of the Services.
6. GST and other taxes
Unless expressly specified otherwise by TMAP, the Subscription Fees include any GST, taxes, duties, fees or other amounts assessed or imposed by any governmental or regulatory authority.
7. Failure to pay
If you do not pay the Subscription Fees or any other fees and charges by the due date for payment, TMAP (at its option) may do any one or more of the following:
- Suspend your use of, and access to, the Services.
- Terminate these Terms.
- Charge an administration fee for late or dishonoured payments, as notified by TMAP from time to time.
- Charge interest at the rate of fifteen percent (15%) per annum on any overdue amount until such time all monies due to TMAP are paid in full.
8. Credit reference checks and use of personal information
- You agree and consent for TMAP to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about you
- You agree that TMAP may exchange information about you with those credit providers, including:
- to assess your creditworthiness;
- to notify other credit providers of a default by you; and/or
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of your account, where you are in default with other credit providers.
You understand that the information exchanged can include anything about your creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- You consent to TMAP being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on credit.
- You agree that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by TMAP for the following purposes (and for other purposes as agreed between the Customer and TMAP or required by law from time to time):
- the provision of goods and/or services;
- the marketing of the Services;
- analysing, verifying and/or checking your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you; and/or
- enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding on your account.
- If you are having difficulties in paying your Subscription Fees and are in need of some support, please reach out to TMAP to see if it can assist you with respect to the payment of your Subscription Fees.
- TMAP, at its absolute discretion, may accept or reject any hardship request depending on your circumstances at the time and offer other options in that respect for you to accept.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- You acknowledge that any reliance upon any opinion, statement, feedback, advertisement, or other information displayed or distributed through the Site or the provision of the Services is at your sole risk. TMAP reserves the right in its sole discretion and without notice to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Site or any part of the Services without any compensation to you.
- In that regard, you:
- agree that TMAP will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your reliance on such material and information, including where errors or omissions have unfortunately been made and
- must not make a claim (of any nature whatsoever) against TMAP in relation to any such loss or damage.
2. Indirect losses
3. Limitation of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms that may be implied by custom, under the general law or by statute that impose any Liability on TMAP are expressly excluded.
4. Australian Consumer Law
- Your purchase of the Services will be subject to certain laws including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law.
- The Australian Consumer Law provides You with certain rights that cannot be excluded, including that the Services must be of acceptable quality, reasonably fit for the purpose that We represent they will be fit for and that the Services will correspond with any description.
- Nothing in these terms will be read or applied so as to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy implied by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) which cannot by law be excluded, restricted or modified.
5. Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of TMAP for any breach of these Terms or the Services arising as a result of the negligence of TMAP or for breach of any conditions or warranty implied these Terms or by law is limited to the amount paid by you under for the Services for the preceding three (3) month period.
- TMAP is the absolute owner of the Site and all intellectual property and contents of the Site and any seminars hosted or organised by TMAP (including all photographs, images, graphics, trade marks, video, audio, text and other items) (TMAP IP) and are protected by Australian copyright laws and other intellectual property laws.
- You do not have any rights to use the TMAP IP or the Services other than:
- in accordance with these Terms; or
- with the prior written consent of TMAP.
All modifications and updates made to any part of the TMAP IP or the Services remains vested at all times in TMAP, regardless of which party suggested, recommended or otherwise made the modification or update.
2. Restricted conduct
You must not:
- disclose the TMAP IP (or any part of it) to any person except as permitted by these Terms;
- launch or attempt to launch a service or arrangement that is the same or similar to TMAP IP, or which uses any part of the TMAP IP without the prior written consent of TMAP; or
- do any thing that:
- is inconsistent with TMAP’s interest in the TMAP IP or the Services;
- leads, or may lead, to the value of the TMAP IP or the Services being diminished or otherwise adversely affected; or
- in the absolute discretion of TMAP, brings the business or reputation of TMAP into disrepute.
A party will not, without the prior written approval of the other party, disclose the other party’s Confidential Information other than as expressly allowed under this clause 8.
A party will not be in breach of clause 8.1 in the following circumstances: